Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas in the Midwest!

Sunday I’m headed to Iowa and Minnesota where I’ll spend the next ten or so days enjoying family, eating food, and getting endless opportunities to train and hunt with my Cockers! The bird population in Eastern Iowa is dwindling, but there are still a few pockets of birds where I should be able to find enough to keep things interesting. I’ll be spending a few days with my wife’s family in Southern Minnesota, and the drive down to the Iowa border will only be about 15 minutes. The bird hunting up there is supposed to be MUCH better than around my folk’s place, so I’m hoping to really get some dog work in up there! I plan on posting  on here while on vacation, but they may be a little less frequent than they are right now. However, I expect the quality to go up as well with the number of hunts I’ll be going on.

Here’s a picture from last year. A brace of hard-earned Eastern Iowa Ringnecks. The Cocker on the left is Macy (with yours truly holding her), the ginormous Lab belongs to my brother on the right, and the Cocker he is holding is Mia, the “family” dog at my parent’s house. My brother in the middle is a stick in the mud and doesn’t own a dog…he just mooches off the rest of us. In case you can’t tell, it’s pretty hard to get those Cocker’s to look at the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment