Thursday, December 2, 2010

Just Another Blog? I Hope not!

DSC00187
There seem to be an abundance of blogs on the internet. Some are simply a venue for the spewing of opinions. I have no use for those blogs. Don’t flatter yourself by thinking that other people actually care what you think, much less will take the time to read it. Other blogs are running biographies. There’s nothing wrong with these blogs, but their target audience is generally a small circle of people. My desire for this blog is that it will fall under a different category. I want my blog to be the hub of everything Cocker in the United States. Specifically, Field Bred English Cocker Spaniels.
You see, almost three years ago I decided that I wanted to research and potentially purchase a Field Bred English Cocker Spaniel (from here-on-out to be referred to as ECS). I looked high and low and found a very limited amount of information about this breed. The information was essentially limited to one article from a magazine and then whatever I could find from breeder’s websites. The article was helpful, but I knew that the breeder websites would be biased since they were trying to sell their pups. While I was finally convinced to buy an ECS, I feel that the breed is not receiving the attention that’s due it, and that many potential ECS owners never get to that point due to a lack of information.
So, here my objectives for this blog are as follows:
1) To provide detailed, accurate, and relevant information about the breed in general
2) To provide articles that focus solely on the ECS breed
3) To be a resource for locating relevant ECS products
4) To be a sounding board for anyone that has an ECS related question
My hope is that this blog will be useful for prospective owners and current owners of cockers. As a current owner, I still have trouble finding things that I need for my cockers, and I often feel isolated due to the scarcity of the breed. Please feel free to chime in at any point using the comments section, or contact me by email at jordan.horak@gmail.com if there is something you’d like to see on this blog. I am looking forward to meeting other cocker owners as a result of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment