Saturday, January 8, 2011

Recovery

I realize I’ve been a long time in posting. Near the end of my stay in the midwest I ended up catching a fairly severe cold that didn’t exactly lay me up, but definitely made life miserable. I’ve also had some work obligations that have sidetracked me. I’ve still been getting in short training sessions with the dogs, but nothing really hard. I suppose It’s for the best as they probably needed a little recovery time after the amount of hunts I put them through. I figured out that we hunted 7 out of 10 days while in IA/MN. All of that hunting was done in deep snow to boot, which made it that much harder. Still, I managed to come away with 11 birds total for the trip.

Here’s Macy recovering from all of the hunting—she looks a little pitiful, don’t you think?!

1.7.111

1.7.11

I have recently started some quartering drills with Rocky that I would like to video and post on here. Maybe tomorrow? My wife is now sick (I hate that part of this time of the year!), but I’ll get her out there soon to do some videoing. I’m also still waiting on the video from the Maesydderwen kennel. I suppose the holidays probably slowed down the international mail.

I trust you all are getting in some good hunts as your seasons wind down!

No comments:

Post a Comment